Wednesday, January 09, 2008

MILLONEION

Long time ago, in May 2007, I was given an article from Times of India Editorial page to read by my room mate. He said, its a must read for you. I said OK, and started reading it. It was a very small article but was written beautifully. The article touched me, and even I decided to write a blog based on it. The Times of India Article might be a fiction, but my story and characters were real. The very next day I wrote the blog. The blog came out nicely, and even I was happy.
7 months have passed since I wrote the blog. I was checking my orkut scrapbook, and I came across this scrap :
Hi Nishad. Wish you and your family a very happy new year!
You don't know me as such. At least not directly. But it so happened that I chanced across your blog and read your piece about a gift to your mother which, as you wrote, was inspired from "My Girl" in Times of India.

Well, I wrote it :-)

Glad that you liked it and thank you for gracefully acknowledging it as an inspiration!

Aditya
P.S. Did you read any of my other pieces?

This guy Aditya had written the Article in Times of India reading which I had written my blog. Somehow he landed up reading my blog and he scrapped me with his findings. After reading his scrap, I Immediately opened my blog and searched for the blog which I had written in May. I was surprised after looking at the footnote of my blog. "*Based on a true story. Inspired by an article "My Girl" by Aditya Gupta in TOI dated 11th May, Editorial page. "
Man ! I was so sincere to give credit to the real author, and after 7 months, the same author somehow reads my blog, finds me on Orkut and scraps me a "Thank you" note for it.
That small foot note in my blog brought back my memories of that incident, and also gave a feeling of satisfaction to the real author.
This incident was really something I would call "One in a Million".
In case you were wondering what's the Blog title gotta do with the content ?
"MILL ONE ION"
One in a million

No comments: